Saturday, June 26, 2010

Poor Boy: A True Story

By Isaac Akwabeng (GHEI Community Health Worker) - Humjibre, Ghana - Kofi was born from a poor family. He is very intelligent, but Kofi came from a poor family. Kofi started his education in Humjibre primary school. When Kofi started his education he lost his father; what a sad story. Kofi’s mother was incredibly sad when her husband died. Kofi came close to his mother and he said, “stop crying, everything will be alright. Mommy I will fight for you while I am alive.” Kofi told his mother, “I am going to live in a big city.” Kofi’s mother was sad. She said, “you are just a little boy. I don’t want you to suffer.” Kofi’s said to his mother, “I am a little boy but I can fight for you so don’t worry.” Kofi said, “Mommy, I will be leaving tomorrow morning.” And Kofi’s mother said, “Kofi Goodbye, may God take you there.


Now Kofi is in a big city. He saw a rich man. The man asked him what his problem was now. And he told him to go home. Kofi said that he was am okay, but that he did have a problem. He told the man that he was a very intelligent guy, but at the time he started his education, he lost my father. He spoke of how his my mother is a poor woman, so she cannot afford his school fees and books, so he decided to come to a big city to find a job. The man said, “Kofi I will help you. I have everything so I will help you.” Kofi said, “Thank you very much, I am grateful. I will do everything that you ask me to do.” The man told Kofi that from now on he was going to start his education. Kofi completed Junior High School. He continued to Senior Hight School. Now Kofi is in university. He has become a surgeon doctor. He has succeeded. He can now return to look after his mother. Kofi took his mother to visit the good man, the good Samaritan. Kofi’s mother said, “Papa I thank you very much. You saved my life and my son’s life”.

No comments:

Post a Comment