Saturday, February 19, 2011

GHEI Career Day a SUCCESS!

"Now I know the reason I am in school. Today, I have seen my roots, and I have seen what I can do." --junior high student Kate Owusu

Every year, GHEI hosts a Career Opportunity Lecture Series (COLS) for junior high students. Beginning with small discussion groups led by GHEI's volunteer teachers, the students leanred about careers, job skills, and education options. During the afternoon, local professionals spoke to the students, motivating them to stay in school and pursue the careers of their choice:

"Nothing will fulfill you more than finding what you love to do and pursuing it as a career. For me that was engineering." --speaker Emmanuel Minkah, Ghana Bauxite Company Mining Engineer

This year over 100 students attended from Humjibre and Muoho. Here's a slideshow of the event:



--Natalie Rich, GHEI Communications Director

No comments:

Post a Comment